Personal Skills – Baking
Connecticut's largest convection collection! The Durham Fair Baking Competition yields the best in culinary creativity and craftsmanship with over 400 entries fresh out of Connecticut kitchens. Treat yourself to a tour of prize winning cookies, bars, decorated cakes, pies and quick breads, all competitively created for this coveted blue ribbon bake-off! Be sure to stop by our new Durham Fair Country Kitchen with expert demonstrations, tips, techniques and traditions for making award-winning pie crusts, brownies, breads and more!
New for 2016!
- King Arthur Flour is sponsoring a new category, Amish Dinner Rolls, including great King Arthur gift certificates
- Lavender Pond Farm from Killington, CT will be on hand to judge “Anything Lavender,” where bakers will feature baking with lavender
- Court of Honor Category will feature Rosemarie Naples’ Banana Muffins recipe
- State Apple Pie & State Baking Contest
- Largest Baking Competition in Connecticut
- Over 400 entries on display
Court of Honor
The Court of Honor class honors local bakers by sharing one of their recipes for exhibitors to make and submit.
- 2016: Banana Muffins
From the kitchen of Rosemarie Naples
Recipes from Previous Years: