The Indian River Olde Time Lumberjack Show
Featuring: World and State Champions Robert Bosco and Richard Slingerland.
The Indian River Olde Time Lumberjack Show will be at the Durham Fair in Durham, CT, from Sept. 21 to Sept 24, 2017. This is the show that takes a journey into the past by presenting the skills of the old time lumberjacks in both a humorous and educational format. The audience will have the hometown opportunity to see some of the contestants and events they have seen on E.S.P.N. and the Wide World of Sports.
Here is where the spectators are in for a real treat, as our lumberjacks have won 4 World Championships and 17 State and National Championships in Sawing, and over 40 State and National Championships in Chopping, Axe Throwing, and Log Rolling.
- Axe Throwing: With the pinpoint accuracy of a champion dart thrower, our lumberjacks throw three-pound axes at a target over 20 feet away attempting to hit a 4-inch bull's-eye
- Crosscut Sawing: In a true demonstration of teamwork and strength, the crosscut team races a chain saw; the results of this will really astound the crowd.
- Chain Saw Carving: Watch the children's delight as our chain saw artist carves a well-known object from a block of wood. This event keeps the crowd laughing and guessing until the object is revealed with the last stroke of the saw.
- Springboard Chopping: One of the most spectacular of all the events, the lumberjack will climb up a 9-foot spar pole, and while balanced on a narrow springboard, (a board 6 inches wide and 4 feet long), chop off the top of the pole.
- Log Rolling: In both a humorous and serious fashion, the lumberjacks demonstrate the century old talent of walking a log as it rotates, bobs and weaves precariously in the water, while at the same time trying to make their opponent fall off.