Poultry, Dept. 04
Please read the State Department of Agriculture rules, IAFE rules and the Durham Agricultural Fair Association General Rules for Livestock Exhibitors before entering.
- State of CT, Dept. of Agriculture, CT Fair & Show Requirements
- IAFE National Code of Show Ring Ethics
- Durham Fair General Rules for Livestock Exhibitors
2017 Entry Instructions
ONLINE ENTRY IS NOT AVAILABLE. To be an Exhibitor, you must:
- Click on the Entry Form link, print it and fill it out.
- Mail the following items postmarked after July 31 and before September 1 to Durham Fair Association, Attn. Livestock Entries, P.O. Box 225, Durham, CT 06422:
- Entry Form printed and filled out.
- Health certificates for each animal entered.
- All applicable fees.
- Entries must arrive Thursday, the first day of the Fair, between 2 and 8 PM.
(Please contact your Department if you are unable to print the entry form.)
TABLE OF CATEGORIES
|Class Code & Name||$ Prize Amount|
|Senior and Junior Department||1st||2nd||3rd||4th|
|Grand Champion Sr/Jr.||Rosette & $25|
|Champion Bantam||Rosette & $20|
|Champion Standard||Rosette & $20|
|Champion Waterfowl||Rosette & $20|
|Reserve Bantam||Rosette & $10|
|Reserve Standard||Rosette & $10|
|Reserve Waterfowl||Rosette & $10|
|Prizes for Poultry: Ducks, Geese, Phaenels and Turkeys: Singles||10||9||8||7|
|Jr. and Sr. Showmanship Sat. at 11 a.m.||Rosette|
|Only 1 entry (egg) per class, per exhibitor. Must be fresh egg. Open to all exhibitors. No dyed eggs.|
|01||Largest||Rosette & $10|
|02||Smallest||Rosette & $10|
|03||Weirdest shape||Rosette & $10|
|04||Most colorful||Rosette & $10|
|05||Heaviest||Rosette & $10|
Open to juniors only. Poster not to exceed 11” x 17”. Subject of poster is educational information on poultry.
- Hedwig Porto
- Colleen Greatsinger
- Brandon Balch
- Peter Boden
- Pat Congdon
- Dianna Dixey
- Kaitelin Greatsinger
- Kara Greatsinger
- Todd Greatsinger
- Don Lemon
- Dominic Vior
- Ivana Vior
- Kimberly Wiknik