Swine, Dept. 07
Please read the State Department of Agriculture rules, IAFE rules and the Durham Agricultural Fair Association General Rules for Livestock Exhibitors before entering.
- State of CT, Dept. of Agriculture, CT Fair & Show Requirements
- IAFE National Code of Show Ring Ethics
- Durham Fair General Rules for Livestock Exhibitors
2016 Entry Instructions
ENTRY IS A COMBINATION OF ONLINE AND MAIL-IN. To be an Exhibitor, you must:
- Enter online by clicking on the Online Entry link, follow the instructions and print the COMPLETED online entry form.
- Mail the following items postmarked after July 31 and before September 1 to Durham Fair Association, Attn. Livestock Entries, P.O. Box 225, Durham, CT 06422:
- Printed online entry form.
- Additional Entry Form printed and filled out.
- Health certificates for each animal entered.
- All applicable fees.
- Entries must arrive Thursday, the first day of the Fair, between 1 and 9 PM.
If you would rather use the offline entry form, please contact the Department Superintendent.
TABLE OF CATEGORIES
|Class Code & Name||$ Prize Amount|
|01A||Boar 3 to 5 months||33||27||25||21||19|
|01B||Boar 5 to 8 months||33||27||25||21||19|
|02A||Gilt 3 to 6 months||33||27||25||21||19|
|02B||Gilt 6 to 8 months||33||27||25||21||19|
|03||Gilt or Sow 1 to 2 years||33||27||25||21||19|
|04||Sow and Litter (min. 8 piglets)||175||150||125||-||-|
|05A||Feeder Pig up to 120 lbs.||33||27||25||21||19|
|05B||Light Weight Market Hog 121 to 175 lbs. (No Boars)||33||27||25||21||19|
|05C||Market Hog over 175 lbs. (No Boars)||33||27||25||21||19|
|06||Hog Farm Display||33||27||25||21||19|
|07||Fitting and Showmanship (No Boars)||33||27||25||21||19|
|08||Over the Hill Showmanship||10||8||6||4||2|
|01YA||Boar under 6 months||33||27||25||21||19|
|01YB||Boar 6 to 8 months||33||27||25||21||19|
|02YA||Gilt under 6 months||33||27||25||21||19|
|02YB||Gilt 6 to 8 months||33||27||25||21||19|
|03Y||Gilt or Sow 1 or 2 years||33||27||25||21||19|
|04Y||Sow and Litter (min. 8 piglets)||150||125||100||-||-|
|05YA||Feeder Pig up to 120 lbs.||33||27||25||21||19|
|05YB||Light Weight Market Hog 121 to 175 lbs. (No Boars)||33||27||25||21||19|
|05YC||Market Hog over 175 lbs. (No Boars)||33||27||25||21||19|
|06Y||Hog Farm Display||33||27||25||21||19|
|Open Group Classes
Adult and Youth compete together. All breeds compete together. Adults and Youth cannot combine animals for these classes. Only
1 entry per exhibitor per class.
|01G||Best 3 Females: any age, all bred and owned by 1 exhibitor||27||21||19||16|
|02G||Pen of 3 feeder and/or market hogs owned by 1 exhibitor||27||21||19||16|
|03G||Get of Sire: to consist of 3 hogs—from different litters—sired by 1 boar, owned by 1 exhibitor||27||21||19||16|
|04G||Outstanding Swine Herd: to consist of 4 hogs—1 boar, 2 gilts, and 1 market hog owned by 1 exhibitor||27||21||19||16|
|05G||Club Herd: to consist of any 3 hogs, 1 each being raised by a recognized youth 4-H club or FFA group—shown by 3 members||27||21||19||16|
- Nancy Groves
- Sue Clark