Peg Atwell’s Wacky Cake
2015 Baking Court of Honor Recipe.
For 2015 the Baking Dept is honored Peg Atwell in our Court of Honor. Peg's baking skills and recipes are well known to both the Durham Fair and the local community. Try Peg's recipe for "WACKY CAKE."
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Sift together:
- baking soda
- Make 3 wells in dry ingredients
- In one put vanilla
- In one put cider vinegar
- In one put oil
- Pour cold water over top. Stir well.
- Pour into 9" x 13" pan.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes
Cream Cheese Frosting
|8||oz.||package of cream cheese, softened|
|1 – 2||cup||powdered (confectons) sugar|
- Beat cream cheese, margarine, and vanilla until smooth.
- Add sugar slowly and beat until smooth.
- Frost cake and cut into squares