Gwen Brayshaw’s Apple Crisp Recipe
2018 Baking Court of Honor Recipe.
This year we honor Gwen Brayshaw for her longstanding commitment to the Durham/Middlefield communities. Gwen has been involved with the Fair, both volunteering and decorating at the Middlefield Republican booth (35+ years) and the Baking Committee (20+ years). She is known as the “Cookie Lady” around town! Gwen has chosen her favorite Apple Crisp recipe, obtained from the Girls Club of Meriden, when her daughter was 8 years old. She says it is simple to make and delicious! Thank you, Gwen, for your service and friendship.
|4 – 5||apples|
- Butter the base of a 10" round dish.
- Peel and cut apples
- In a separate bowl, combine brown sugar, oats and flour.
- Cut in butter until it resembles small pebbles.
- Sprinkle over the apples
- Bake at 350° for 45 – 55 mins
- Serve with whipped cream or ice cream