Fruits, Dept. 17
2018 Entry Instructions
ONLINE ENTRY IS PREFERRED. To be an Exhibitor, click on the Online Entry link and follow the instructions. The alternate way to enter is to print out the offline entry form, fill it out, and mail it in according to the deadline outlined on the form and on the Entry Deadlines and Delivery Schedule page. (Please contact your Department if you are unable to print the entry form.)
- The building will close at 10 PM on Tues. of Fair week, which is the day entries are due, starting at 2 PM. Allow yourself enough time to set up your entries to meet this deadline.
- All fruits must be raised by the exhibitor.
- Include on your entry form any and all varieties you may wish to exhibit even if some may not be available at Fair time.
- All exhibits must be pre-registered; no walk-ins will be accepted.
- Only 1 entry can be made of the same variety by one exhibitor, either singly or in a collection in each class.
- All exhibits must remain on display for the length of the Fair. Exhibits may be picked up Sun. between 7– 9 p.m. and Mon. following the Fair between 5 – 7 p.m. Any exhibits not picked up by 7 p.m. on Mon. become the property of the Fair. If you wish, your exhibits can be donated to a local food bank.
- All exhibits of fruit offered for premium must be composed of exactly the number of specimens or quantity named in the schedule, and the names of all varieties must be placed on the exhibit, whether single or in a collection.
- The specimens offered for exhibit must match the description on the entry form. SUBSTITUTION IS NOT PERMITTED.
- Fruit should be displayed with stems where applicable.
All varieties of fruit cannot possibly be listed in this Guide, but all new varieties or other specimens not listed are welcomed for exhibit.
Best in Show
A rosette ribbon will be awarded to the best single exhibit of fruit entered by a noncommercial exhibitor.
TABLE OF CATEGORIES
|Class Code & Name||$ Prize Amount|
Each exhibit to cover approximately 16 sq. ft. of table space. Any and all types of fruits can be used. A rosette ribbon will be awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes.
Fruit Display exhibits to be judged on the number of kinds of fruits exhibited, the quality of the fruits and the appearance of the display according to the following score card:
|02||Best 16 specimens of the following varieties: Gravenstein, Wealthy, McIntosh, Northern Spy, Delicious, Baldwin, Rome Beauty, Rhode Island Greening, Cortland, Stayman, Winesap, Russet, Fall Pippin, Pound Sweet, Wolf River, Jersey Red, Milton, Puritan, Early McIntosh, Paragon, Snow, Opalescent, Golden Delicious, Macoun, Ida Red, Porter, Hyslop Crab. (Prizes are awarded for each variety.)||10||8||6||4||2|
|03||Plates of 5 specimens of the following varieties: Gravenstein, Wealthy, McIntosh, Northern Spy, Delicious, Baldwin, Rome Beauty, Rhode Island Greening, Cortland, Stayman, Winesap, Russet, Fall Pippin, Pound Sweet, Wolf River, Jersey Red, Milton, Puritan, Early McIntosh, Paragon, Snow,Opalescent, Golden Delicious, Macoun, Ida Red, Porter, Hyslop Crab and all other varieties.||5||4||3||2||1|
|04||Collection of Plates: 5 plates of 5 specimens each. Each plate a different variety.||10||8||4||-||-|
|05||Single plate of 5 specimens||5||4||3||-||-|
|06A||Special: The Association offers a prize of $20 for the best display of grapes, display to consist of not less than
5 varieties and shown in quart baskets.
|06B||Best 5-pound basket||8||6||4||-||-|
|06C||Collection of 5 plates: 3 bunches each plate, each plate a different variety||10||8||6||-||-|
|06S||Single plate: 3 bunches each||5||4||3||-||-|
|07||Single plate of 5 specimens||5||4||3||-||-|
|08||Single plate of 5 specimens||5||4||3||-||-|
|09||Single plate of 5 specimens||5||4||3||-||-|
|10A||All kinds in pint basket||5||4||3||-||-|
|10B||Tomatillos 5 specimens||5||4||3||-||-|
|11||Single plate of 5 specimens specify variety.||5||4||3||-||-|
|Fruit Basket Collection||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||5th|
|12||4 different varieties of fruit, 2 specimens each, displayed in a basket by a noncommercial exhibitor||10||8||6||4||2|
- Nancy Montes
43 James Road
- Billy Orris
- Joe Montes
Asst. Supt., Computer Services
- Dan Bergstrom
- George Bergstrom
- MaryAnn Bergstrom
- Katie Breininger
- Kyle Breininger
- Liz Breininger
- Nathan Breininger
- Kayla Burchard
- Dottie Driscoll
- Alice Frascatore
- Stephen Harris
- Jon Herzig
- Mary Johnson
- Stewart Kristiansen
- Leo Lavado
- Donna Louisa
- Kathy Meyering
- Steve Minnich
- Glen Myers
- Patty Orris
- Priscilla Peale
- Rosemarie Pieta