Swine, Dept. 07
Online entry will be available this summer. Check back soon.
Please read the State Department of Agriculture rules, IAFE rules and the Durham Agricultural Fair Association General Rules for Livestock Exhibitors before entering.
- State of CT, Dept. of Agriculture, CT Fair & Show Requirements
- IAFE National Code of Show Ring Ethics
- Durham Fair General Rules for Livestock Exhibitors
2022 Entry Instructions
ENTRY IS A COMBINATION OF ONLINE AND MAIL-IN. To be an Exhibitor, you must:
- Enter online by clicking on the Online Entry link, follow the instructions and print the COMPLETED online entry form.
- Mail the following items postmarked after July 31 and before September 1 to Durham Fair Association, Attn. Livestock Entries, P.O. Box 225, Durham, CT 06422:
- Printed online entry form.
- Additional Entry Form printed and filled out.
- Health certificates for each animal entered.
- All applicable fees.
- Entries must arrive Thursday, the first day of the Fair, between 1 and 9 PM.
If you would rather use the offline entry form, please contact the Department Superintendent.
TABLE OF CATEGORIES
|Class Code & Name||$ Prize Amount|
|01A||Boar 3 to 5 months||33||27||25||21||19|
|01B||Boar 5 to 8 months||33||27||25||21||19|
|02A||Gilt 3 to 6 months||33||27||25||21||19|
|02B||Gilt 6 to 8 months||33||27||25||21||19|
|03||Gilt or Sow 1 to 2 years||33||27||25||21||19|
|04||Sow and Litter (min. 8 piglets)||175||150||125||-||-|
|05A||Feeder Pig up to 120 lbs.||33||27||25||21||19|
|05B||Light Weight Market Hog 121 to 175 lbs. (No Boars)||33||27||25||21||19|
|05C||Market Hog over 175 lbs. (No Boars)||33||27||25||21||19|
|06||Hog Farm Display||33||27||25||21||19|
|07||Fitting and Showmanship (No Boars)||33||27||25||21||19|
|08||Over the Hill Showmanship||10||8||6||4||2|
|01YA||Boar under 6 months||33||27||25||21||19|
|01YB||Boar 6 to 8 months||33||27||25||21||19|
|02YA||Gilt under 6 months||33||27||25||21||19|
|02YB||Gilt 6 to 8 months||33||27||25||21||19|
|03Y||Gilt or Sow 1 or 2 years||33||27||25||21||19|
|04Y||Sow and Litter (min. 8 piglets)||150||125||100||-||-|
|05YA||Feeder Pig up to 120 lbs.||33||27||25||21||19|
|05YB||Light Weight Market Hog 121 to 175 lbs. (No Boars)||33||27||25||21||19|
|05YC||Market Hog over 175 lbs. (No Boars)||33||27||25||21||19|
|06Y||Hog Farm Display||33||27||25||21||19|
|Open Group Classes
Adult and Youth compete together. All breeds compete together. Adults and Youth cannot combine animals for these classes. Only
1 entry per exhibitor per class.
|01G||Best 3 Females: any age, all bred and owned by 1 exhibitor||27||21||19||16|
|02G||Pen of 3 feeder and/or market hogs owned by 1 exhibitor||27||21||19||16|
|03G||Get of Sire: to consist of 3 hogs—from different litters—sired by 1 boar, owned by 1 exhibitor||27||21||19||16|
|04G||Outstanding Swine Herd: to consist of 4 hogs—1 boar, 2 gilts, and 1 market hog owned by 1 exhibitor||27||21||19||16|
|05G||Club Herd: to consist of any 3 hogs, 1 each being raised by a recognized youth 4-H club or FFA group—shown by 3 members||27||21||19||16|
- Zac Bicknell
- Robert Fassbender