Parking in the Durham Fair operated lots is $5 per day/single entry OR $10 for unlimited entry during the fair weekend (these unlimited passes are only sold prior to the fair). A list of parking lots, with links to Google Maps, is provided below.
Shuttle buses are provided to transport visitors from the parking lots to the fairgrounds. There is no visitor parking available directly on the fairgrounds.
Please note: school buses are used to shuttle fairgoers between the parking lots and the fairgrounds. They are usually very full, and therefore are not able to accommodate large strollers, wagons, and other bulky items. (Small collapsible strollers are typically fine.) If you do need to bring bulkier items to the Fair, it may be easier for you to use one of the privately-operated parking lots within walking distance of the fairgrounds.
Handicapped parking will be at the Frank Ward Strong School on Thursday, and at CRHS Friday through Sunday. Special buses for use by handicapped persons are available to provide transportation from the parking area to the fairgrounds. A valid state permit is required to park in the handicapped parking lot.
Thursday parking will only be available at the Strickland parking lot, and handicapped parking will be at Strong School.
The Durham Fair is located at the junctions of Routes 68, 17 and 77 in Durham, CT. (Map)
- From the Hartford Area: I91 South to exit 15 (Wallingford/Route 68) and follow the Durham Fair signs to the nearest parking lot.
- From the New Haven Area: I91 North to Exit 15 (Wallingford/Route 68); at the end of the exit ramp turn right onto Route 68 and follow the Durham Fair signs to the nearest parking lot.
- From the Shoreline Area: I95 to Exit 58 (Guilford); follow Route 77 North towards Durham and follow the Durham Fair signs to the nearest parking lot.
- From the Waterbury Area: I84 East to 691 East to Route 66 to Route 147 and follow the Durham Fair signs to the nearest parking lot.
GPS Addresses of Parking Lots
- Strickland’s Pkg. Lot (Thurs – Sunday): 385 Cherry Hill Rd., Middlefield
- Greenbacker’s Pkg. Lot (Fri – Sunday): 150 Wallingford Rd., Durham
- Wimler’s Pkg. Lot (Fri – Sunday): 601 Guilford Rd., Durham
- Strong School (handicapped pkg., Thurs. only): 185 Main St. (Rte. 17), Durham
- CRHS (handicapped pkg., Fri. – Sun.): 135 Pickett Lane (off of Rte. 17), Durham
- White’s Pkg. Lot (volunteers and vendors with parking pass only): 76 Maple Ave., Durham