Volunteer for the 2019 Durham Fair
The Durham Fair is ALWAYS looking for great volunteers to join our organization. We are 100% volunteer run and need your help and participation to keep the Durham Fair tradition strong for many years to come.
The 2019 Durham Fair needs your help in the following areas:
To volunteer, simply reach out the the contact provided below.
REMINDER: volunteers get free parking and admission to the fair.
Advanced Ticket Sales
To help sell tickets before the fair to exhibitors, students, etc.
- Bonnie: 860-558-9995 – [email protected]
Discovery Education Exhibit Area
Help set up and man the area during the Fair.
- Emily: 860-358-9918 – [email protected]
- Wendy: 860-538-1221 – [email protected]
To help with computer entry of exhibits, etc. before and during the fair.
- Diane: 860-638-8718 – [email protected]
Gates Cashiers, Gates Scanners, and Gates Hand Stampers
- 860-682-8071 – [email protected]
- Barbara: 860-682-8071
helping to organize and greet visitors during the fair weekend.
- Tracey: 860-301-5272 – [email protected]
Indoor Commercial Building
Help cover the desk during fair hours & help checking vendors in and out
- Caroline: 860-729-2107 – [email protected]
You should be somewhat familiar with the fair.
- Maggie: 860-349-1303 – [email protected]
- Kathy: 203-379-8434 – [email protected]
Buildings, grounds, equipment, fencing, building exhibit areas, picnic tables, etc. before, during, and after the fair
On-Grounds Courtesy Shuttle Carts Drivers during the fair
- Bob: 860-398-1225 – [email protected]
Parking, security, lighting, signs, etc.
To help make signs, banners, etc. before the fair.
- Jessica: 203-213-4857 – [email protected]
Before, during, and at the end of the fair.
- Kathy: 860-663-2663 – [email protected]
Volunteering for the Fair
Hear about volunteering, exhibit preparation, responsibilities and working together from Diane Coe, Superintendent of Exhibit Management.
Below is a list of all departments and positions.
- Computer Services
- Office Services/Purchasing
- Ribbons & Trophies
- Exhibits/Discovery Center
- Farm Museum
- Motorized Events
- Center Stage
- Green Stage
- Kid's Place
- Sound Systems
- Talent Show
- Animal Education
- Battle of the Barns
- Livestock Exhibit Judges
- Pull Animals
- Grounds Beautification
- Grounds Improvement
- Inventory Control
- Property Management
- Community Relations
- Exhibitors Guide
- Information Booth
Personal Skills Exhibits
- Ballot Competitions
- Crafts & Collections
- Exhibit Judge
Plant Science Exhibits
- Christmas Trees
- Exhibit Judge
- Giant Pumpkins
- Horticulture & Wreaths
- Lighting & Parking
- Shuttle Bus Transportation
- Traffic Control
- Craft Show Rentals
- Inside Commercial Rentals
- Off-Season Facility Rentals
- Off-Season Storage Rentals
- Outdoor Commercial Rentals
- Soda Sales
- Souvenir Sales
Volunteer for the Fair
If you are interested in volunteering for one of these areas please reach out to the contact provided.
If you'd like to volunteer for another role, contact the Secretary at 860-349-9495 then dial 2 and leave a voice mail or the appropriate Executive Board Member: